Wednesday 4 August 2010

Interview for Racial Harmony

Interviewer: Audi Nuraini
Interviewee: Tyronne Sng, 2E2

21st July 2010: Today is Racial Harmony Day and everyone seems excited at the mini-performances set up in the atrium as well as the booths in the canteen during recess. Other than that, many are excited for the Amazing Race after school tomorrow. I got Tyronne Sng of 2E2 to tell us more about his thoughts on Racial Harmony Day and the importance of the day in Singapore.

What do you think about Racial Harmony Day, being celebrated here in Singapore and in our school?
I liked the food sold at the booths during recess as the food was not only nice but they were food from the different races Singapore has and they're much more affordable than those outside school.

What have you learnt about the importance of this day through the R2ISE lessons in school and in your daily life?
Singaporeans have to preserve racial and religious harmony and must be tolerant to each other as we don't want another racial riot to happen in Singapore because I have quite a number of friends of different races and I don't want to be fighting against them.

Which part of the activities planned in school did you like and what are you looking forward to for the remaining Racial Harmony Week?
As mentioned, I liked the food sold and I am looking forward to the amazing race tomorrow even though I'm not in the team for my class.

What if a riot were to break out tomorrow when you wake up? How will you respond?
I will run away from the areas where the riots were. I don't want to die yet.

If you were living in the period when the riot broke out and you were a leader of Singapore, how would you have avoided the riot from breaking out?
I will try persuading them into living harmoniously with the threat of not wanting to see their loved ones killed in the riot and having to be strong as a country. If they still want a riot to break out, I will show my fist at them. If they are still not afraid, I will show them my leg. If they still aren't afraid, I will use both (fist and leg). If they STILL aren't afraid, I will have to think about it when it happens.

2 comments:

  1. Good and long interview. Your questions are appropriate and you managed to get a cooperative interviewee who provided long answers!

    You could edit the language of your first paragraph so that it sounds more formal. "I got Tyronne to..." sounds quite casual! How can you make it sound more formal? Refer to the Miley Cyrus interview I printed for you - or find articles online to see how they do it!

    - Miss J. Tan

    (P.S. Where is your article on the charity bazaar?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post is well-written and it is quite ecplained. Easy to understand your post and i love the way you interview.

    ReplyDelete